Full Item Details
This is a 4 day, non-residential course that will provide an extension to our Basic Workshop Principles course.
Good manual dexterity. Previous attendance on Basic Workshop Principle course or previous practical workshop experience.
Minimum 5 Students are required for this course to run.
The course will cover the following subjects:
- Advanced soldering/de-soldering
- Advanced cable preparation including:
- DC cables
- AC cables
- RF cables
- Heatshrinking – when & how to use
- Introduction to discreet components including:
- Use of component testers
- The resistor colour code
- Ohms Law
- RF cable termination including:
- Semi-rigid Belden style coax cable
- Basic circiut board construction – veroboard
- Basic circuit board construction – etched board
- Project construction and testing