Designed to operate as mobile radio or as a base station for long-haul land mobile communications. With operating modes: LSB/USB (J3E and J2B); AM (A3E) and CW (A1A) the VX-1700 is ideal for a wide variety of applications.
Includes six built-in call modes to support various communications:
• Selective Call (SELCALL) – place calls to an individual or group using assigned ID number for each transceiver for private calling
• Beacon Request Call – check signal quality between transceivers before placing a selective call to verify if a call can be placed
• Telephone Call (TELCALL) – place call through telephone interconnect service to expand contact to individuals via phone
• Message Call – send text messages (up to 64 characters) to another transceiver for expanded communication options
• Position Request Call – monitor position information of another transceiver when used as a mobile unit
• Position Send Call – transmit position
Operate on one channel while periodically monitoring the designated memory channel to ensure a call is not missed. Ideal for emergency management situations when it is important that a call gets through to dispatch.
With the ALE-1 option installed, the VX-1700 ALE feature automatically selects the channel with the best LQA (Link Quality Analysis) score from the programmed channels.
• 6-Character Alphanumeric Channel Label
• Noise Blanker
• CW Semi Break-In
• CW Side Tone Function