Full Item Details
This is a 2 day, non-residential course that will provide a comprehensive introduction to the world of digital radio.
This is not a ‘technical course’ per se, although a knowledge of basic radio principles is advised.
Minimum 5 Students are required for this course to run.
The course will cover the following subjects:
- Radio basic principles revision
- The difference between analogue & digital
- Types of digital radio DMR, dPMR
- TDMA vs FDMA
- History of digital radio
- Portable radios
- Mobile radios
- IP site connect
- Programming interface and software (overview)
- Call groups
- Planning considerations
- Benefits of digital over analogue
- Software applications