Licences & Programming

Most professional radios need to have some form of programming to make them operate.  This is done using a cable that connects the radio to a computer, and a piece of programming software specific to the radio.  This software is often referred to as CPS or Customer Programming Software, and the programmes created in the software and loaded into the radios are referred to as ‘codeplugs’.

To maximise the effectiveness of your radio system, the radios themselves need to be correctly programmed.  It is a fact that 85% of radios deployed make use of just the most basic features, whilst 50% of radios are used straight out of the box with no additional form of programming; in many cases this use is illegal.

Our extensive experience of designing and writing codeplugs for both analogue and digital radios will ensure that you get the most out of you system.  We can even do this remotely for you by supplying you with the relevant programming cable and then using a remote desktop programme to access the radios from our base in Bristol.

Unless you are specifically using 'licence free' radios, you will need a licence from Ofcom to operate legally.  We can take the pain away from you by applying for the licence on your behalf, and by being the point of contact for Ofcom should they have any subsequent enquiries.  We will answer all of the technical questions, and even be present on-site if Ofcom request a site visit.

For more information on how we can help optimise your network, call us on +44 (0)1454 610050 or email